I am Jim Logan. My wife, Carla, and I are Brazoria County residents and taxpayers. My wife is a Naturalized US Citizen. She came here legally from South America and complied with all the laws to become a US Citizen. This is clear proof that I am not opposed to Legal immigration.
That being said I want to be clear on what I perceive as one of the greatest threats our county, state, and country is facing in modern times. The Federal Government was established with very limited powers and obligations under the US Constitution. Of primary importance is Article 4 Section 4 which Requires it to secure the border. As of this morning the Federal Government has broken it’s social compact with the states and the citizens of the states by Refusing to perform it’s duties outlined in the the Constitution. Texas’ Southern Border with Mexico for all intent purposes is nonexistent. Since September 11, 2001 neither Republican nor Democrat administrations have complied with their obligation to secure the border. This has culminated in a Federal Executive Branch that is openly stating publicly that it will not enforce the law nor secure the border.
This is resulting in a crisis of catastrophic proportions in three different areas:
1. A Health Crisis on a scale not seen in decades. The Illegal Aliens that are being ‘dumped’ in our community are not being screened for contagious diseases that had been almost eradicated in this country for more than 20 years. These Illegal Aliens are showing up with cases of TB, Scabies, Hepatitis, and perhaps other illnesses as yet undocumented because the Federal Government is also unprepared to process the flow of illegals it has allowed to enter the country. This is infringing on the citizens of this county in clear violations of our rights as LEGAL citizens. First and foremost it is exposing our families lives and our lives to unnecessary illness that we in this country worked aggressively to eradicate. Secondly and no less important is the theft of our property in the form of tax dollars to provide preferential treatment to individuals who came here in clear violation of our laws. These tax dollars were initially ‘allowed’ to be taken in the interest of promoting the general welfare of the county or state. Our low income children and Veterans receive substandard treatment all the while the Federal Government aggressively promotes the welfare of these ILLEGAL aliens.
2. Second is an increase in Criminal activity through the infiltration of Criminal Gang Members such as MS-13 through our borders. It is well documented in the news that these criminal gang members are also present in the group categorized as ‘illegal minors’. The Cartels intentionally send these gang members into these groups to recruit more members and expand their already wide reach in our state.
3. Lastly and perhaps even more troubling is that while the our Border Patrol is busy changing diapers for unaccompanied Illegal Minors foreign Radical Islamist Jihadis are free to cross our border at will and potentially traffic weapons into our country and county. Again it is well documented that items belonging to suspected radicals have been found at the border. Combine this with the fact that it is also well documented that Sweeney, Tx. is home to an organization ‘Jamaat al Fuqua’ which was identified by the DHS in 2005 as a ‘Predicted Sponsor of Future Terrorism in America’ and was convicted in 1993 in Colorado on Weapons charges and fraud. Brazoria County Residents are now squarely in the cross hairs of potential terrorist activities.
Based on the facts and case laid out above I, as a citizen of Brazoria County, respectfully request that the Commissioners of this County do more than just pass a superficial resolution with little actual action associated with it. As men who have sworn an Oath to Defend the citizens of this counties Rights as outlined in both the US Constitution and the State of Texas Constitution, I am requesting that you utilize all County resources at your disposal to accomplish the following:
1. Request that the Sheriff or any appropriate county law enforcement agency in the County stop and turn back all Federal transportation of illegals destined for Brazoria County Detention centers based on Texas State law that prohibits the transportation of anyone suspected of Contagious Illnesses.
2. Use all necessary County resources to demand a detailed account of ALL ILLEGAL Aliens housed in the County of Brazoria. Along with that a clear account of the Federal Governments plans to remove them from our County.
3. Refuse the use of any County Resources to further house any ILLEGAL Aliens in our county. That includes the refusal to place them into the Brazoria County foster care system.
4. Formally Petition all appropriate Texas State Level officials and representatives to immediately seal the border to prevent further infringement on Legal citizens of Brazoria County’s rights.
Petition the appropriate Texas State Level officials to investigate the Compound in Sweeney, Tx. for any fraud related to receipt of State or County funds related to Health or Welfare. (Note: This is how the State of Colorado was able to Indict the same organization in their state to reduce the threat of housing potential Radical Islamist Jihadis within their State)
While I have read accounts that some local level officials have objected to similar requests on the basis that it is not within their prerogative to interfere with the Federal Governments enforcement of Immigration Matters, I submit that is the most flawed objection to action I have ever heard based on two counts.
First when the Federal Government either through incompetence or criminal negligence is unable to protect the rights of our citizens it is then incumbent upon State and Local officials to step up and fulfill their sworn Oath.
The Founders placed particular emphasis on the Oath and the concept of Integrity. Dr. Benjamin Rush defined integrity such:
“By Integrity I mean…veracity [devotion to the truth], fidelity to promises, and strict coincidence between thoughts, words, and actions.”
Second, the Founders of both the United States and the State of Texas believed strongly in a Constitutional Republic as the best method to preserve the Rights of it’s citizens. As such they implicitly believed in a Strong Local Government. This was because they believed it was easier for citizens to get quicker resolution to their problems by petitioning locally elected officials rather than waiting for some distant Federal Bureaucrat to find a solution.
I close with an appeal to the Commissioners Oath and Integrity to fulfill not only with words but actions to maintain the citizens of Brazoria County’s rights in our Constitutional Republic.
May God Bless You and Guide You Actions.
Thank You Very Much.
Brazoria County Citizen